Hi Everyone!! Thanks for stopping by :). We are finally back into our regular routine after a week away on vacation! Matt and I took our first trip sans baby girl and it was SO WONDERFUL! We had the best time and I am so glad we made the decision to go away together. We left from NYC on Friday and flew with Charlee into Charlotte to spend time with my Mom and Papa. My parents are amazing and were thrilled to have special time with Charlee :). Sunday morning Matt and I left for the Bahamas and spent three full days together with two of our best couple friends. It was SO MUCH FUN! We stayed at the Cove at the Atlantis which is a beautiful part of the resort. It’s close to the rides and water park but the pool is adult only! We enjoyed laying out, drinking fruity spiked cocktails and gambling by the pool! I loved the resort and we had a wonderful time! I’m going to be sharing all my looks as well as some tips if traveling to the Bahamas!
Here are some tips if heading to the Bahamas soon:
- If heading to the resort with just your hubby or plus 1, stay at the Cove. The hotel portion isn’t technically adult only, but the pool is, meaning there are no children allowed around the pool. If taking the kiddos, stay at the main part of the resort. It’s super kid friendly.
- If traveling to the Atlantis with kids and want a night out, they offer an in-room babysitting service. Just something to keep in mind if you want a date night on vacation.
- Make sure to eat at Nobu. This restaurant is in the main part of the Atlantis Resort and is DELICIOUS! The atmosphere is also amazing and I highly recommend the Lychee Martini 😉
- Spend a day at the Atlantis water park. The Cove pool was walking distance to the water park! Matt and I took a part of the day to enjoy the water park and oh my gosh you guys I was like a 10 year old! I was living my best life! The “lazy” river is NOT that lazy and is more like a rapid ride. We went down the slides a few times and I haven’t screamed from excitement like that since forever! It was a blast! If you are staying at the resort, it is free to use the park. If not, there is a fee.
- The Cove: The Cove pool has two walk up bars and waitress service at your seats. It’s amazing and you feel really well taken care of when there. The food is really great and there is a DJ and there were two days we didn’t leave! We had a blast!
- Get an outdoor massage! I had two outdoor massages at the Cove pool. It was MAGICAL. You will see a tent propped up in the morning so make sure head there to book your time first thing! You can also book via the concierge.
General Bahamas Tips:
- Call your hotel in advance to set up a shuttle service from the airport. Almost all of the hotels in the area offer this free service.
- Spend a day in downtown Nassau. There are amazing local artisans and really great shopping down in the Bahamas.
- Check out the BahaMar. We stayed at the Atlantis, but spent an evening at the BahaMar and it was AMAZING. I actually think we may stay there next time we visit. It’s a brand new resort and has incredible restaurants and the casino looks like a Vegas hotel! They also have beautiful curated shops and I was able to pick up some really nice gifts for family there.
- Grab a bite at Dune at the Four Seasons Ocean Club Resort. It’s the best place to watch the sunset. It’s like a dream and the food is out of this world delicious. If you don’t want to dine, just go to the bar for an incredible cocktail and to watch the sunset :).
- Don’t forget your passport! I almost did!! For some reason I completely forgot it was another country…#mombrain!
Ok I think that about covers it! Keep scrolling for all my look details:
I wore ^^ this look for our first night out! I did a big Zara shopping trip before we left and got some awesome pieces. This blazer and shorts being a few! I paired it with my Gucci sandals and Mansur Bag. I added a pop of color with a red lip and earrings.
This green dress was one of my favorites! It’s so beautiful and it actually comes in a number of colors! This is the view at the Four Seasons Ocean Club. GORG!
This was my travel look for the way back to Charlotte to pick up Charlee! I love pairing shorts with a blazer. I think it is a cool way to dress up an otherwise chill outfit!
I hope you guys enjoyed this post :)! I also wanted to shout out that all of my photos were edited using my friend Meg Cusick’s new Lightroom presets!!! She is finally selling them and I had to share with all of you! Head over to her blog for details!