Hi Guys! Matt and I got back Sunday after a 5 day trip to Miami (sans baby) and a long weekend spent with family. It was so relaxing and amazing and I am thrilled we did it. My incredible Mom and Papa watched Charlee all week while Matt and I relaxed by the pool sipping cocktails, eating out at amazing restaurants and just being present with each other. We had the absolute BEST time and it was so fun to just be together and relax! In Miami, we stayed at the 1 Hotel South Beach. We have been to the 1 in Brooklyn and fell in love with it so we knew we would be thrilled with the South Beach location. You guys, this hotel is NO JOKE. I don’t have many photos of the hotel grounds because I was really trying to stay off my phone and just focus on Matt, but I can tell you that it was one of the most beautiful hotels I have EVER been to. The 1 Hotel South Beach prides itself on being eco-friendly and sustainable. We had a fabulous stay there and the service was incredible. I put together some information you should find useful if you’re considering staying there.
1 Hotel South Beach Tips and Facts
- There are a few different pools on campus. We liked going to the rooftop pool as it does not allow children. We obviously love kids but we were going for an adult only vibe if you know what I mean ;). The rooftop pool is smaller than the 3rd floor pool, and all guests that stay in the hotel are given a lounge chair and umbrella free of charge. I recommend getting there early to get a good seat by the pool. They have a great service system there as well! You can just push a button on the side of your lounge chair and the servers are alerted that you want to order. You can have lunch delivered to your chairs as well as any cocktail. I recommend the skinny Piña Colada and I always added a rum floater ;).
- The 3rd floor pool is much larger than the rooftop pool and it has a fabulous view of the beach. We went to this pool the first day and really enjoyed the view. I personally like the rooftop pool better but you really can’t go wrong
- Both pools have complimentary SPF for all guests
- The 1 hotel offers free use of their bikes. Matt and I went on a bike ride in the afternoon almost everyday along the south beach walking and bike trail. It was so fun.
- There are a bunch of incredible restaurants at the hotel. We loved eating at the rooftop restaurant Watr for snacks and drinks. We also went to the buffet at Habitat every day. This was included in our stay as we booked with American Express travel.
- There is a Soulcycle leased out of the 1 Hotel South beach building. We worked out almost every day we were there as it was so convenient!
- We clearly didn’t use it, but there is a kids club at the resort that is open fro 8 A.M.-4 P.M.
- There is also a lot of cute shops that are leased out of the building as well in case you forget something or just want to shop.
- There is a Wallgreens across the street from the hotel. We made a run there for waters and snacks for the room
- Speaking of the rooms, we stayed in a two room suite. There were two large rooms but only one king bed. It was a one bedroom two bathroom suite with views of the water. There is a pull out couch and two HUGE closets. It also had laundry in the unit as well as a full kitchen. We were super impressed with the suite and thought it would be an amazing room for families. I could have put Charlee’s pack and play in the closet and given her, her own room!
Things we did in Miami worth noting!
- We went to dinner at Pao. It is a MUST visit. I Recommend doing the summer tasting if you go this summer and make sure you order the fried chicken with banana ketchup
- The hotel Faena is where Pao is located. There is an amazing variety burlesque show there called Samsara. We went to dinner at Pao, and then to the show. It was amazing!
- Casa Tua is a gorgeous and super romantic restaurant.
- Havana 1957– Best cuban sandwich I’ve ever eaten and located in the heart of Española which is a fun place to walk around. I also recommend ordering a mojito. They are SO good.
- We had late afternoon drinks and appetizers at Call me Gaby which is across the street from Joe’s Stone Crab. We were originally trying to grab a bite at Joe’s Stone Crab but they didn’t open until 4 so we settled on Call my Gaby. I must say what a happy accident. This place was probably my favorite stop on our trip. We ordered the cheese plate AND the meat plate which is served with homemade focaccia bread. It was the most delicious bread I have ever eaten! Highly recommend!
- Lastly, I wanted to mention that if you are traveling out to dinner locally from 1 hotel, they have a complimentary car service that will drop you off and pick you up! All you have to do is speak to the doorman!
I hope this was helpful! Take a look below for all the looks I wore last week!
Coverup: Amazon (under $20!)
I hope you guys enjoyed this post!!