If you follow me on Instagram, then you know I am all about easy and healthy meals. I love to cook, but I am definitely a novice cook and cut corners wherever and whenever I can. That said, I really do love to cook and to get a bit creative by re-using a lot of the same ingredients to save my family time and money. This recipe isn’t really a “recipe” per say, because I am not making anything from scratch. Either way, it’s delish and when I shared this idea for dinner on instagram stories you all went crazy for it so I had to share.
I used my favorite roasted red pepper cauliflower pizza crust by Califlour foods to make the “buns.” I baked the crust according to the directions on the box, but left the crust in the oven for a few more minutes to ensure it was crispy enough to act as a bun. Once the crust had cooled, I put a round glass cup top down on the crust and cut out four individual circular bun-shaped pieces. I was left with a bit of leftover crust, which I saved and used as crackers to dip into hummus. No crust was wasted! Keep in mind that this recipe makes two burgers. If you want to make this for more people just double it etc. I also wanted to shout out this Sukrin high fiber syrup. It is so delicious and is low calorie and low net carb, high fiber. I use it on everything!!! It’s amazing. Ok, on to the actual recipe. I hope you guys enjoy!
- 1 cauliflower pizza crust: I used the red pepper flavor by Califlour foods, but you can use any brand you prefer.
- 2 Chicken Burger Patties: I used the Aidells Smoked Gouda and bacon chicken patties, but you can use any type of chicken burger you want. You could also make this with turkey burgers, or even lean beef patties.
- 1 handful of arugula
- Goat cheese crumbles
- Sukrin high fiber syrup
- A handful of roasted tomatoes (to make this, just spray cherry tomatoes with a little olive oil spray and place into a baking pan. Roast on low heat (250-300 degrees) for 1-2 hours. The longer you roast the more delicious they become. Thank you @Julethebee for this tip! PS: If you don’t have roasted tomatoes, you can skip them all together or add in a few raw cherry tomatoes
- If you are roasting tomatoes, make sure the tomatoes are cooked before you begin making the burgers
- Bake 1 califlour Foods Pizza crust according to the directions. Then add a few minutes to the baking time to ensure the crust is a bit crispy
- While the crust is baking, cook your chicken burgers according to the directions
- Once the crust is done baking and has cooled for 10 minutes or so, cut out 4 round shaped “buns”
- Now it’s time to make your burgers! Place one “bun” on a plate. Then add your chicken burger with some of the goat cheese crumbles, roasted tomatoes, a bit of arugula and the high fiber syrup. I like to drizzle a teaspoon of the fiber syrup on top of the burger.
- Top your burger with the other “bun” and enjoy!