I came up with this recipe on a whim the other night and holy moly it is SO GOOD. I love these Palmini noodles and make a lot of different pasta dishes using them. I swear these noodles really fill the pasta void! This recipe is basically no carb considering it’s made of almost all fiber and veggies. It’s one of my favorites. Let me know what you guys think if you make it!
- 1 tablespoon of ghee
- 3 pre-cooked Italian chicken sausage links (sliced into bite size pieces) Any brand will do
- 1 can of Palmini Hearts of Palm Noodles
- Sliced red, green and yellow peppers. I use about 1/4 of each and slice the pieces up
- 1/3 of a white onion sliced
- 1 cup of sliced white mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons of low fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Run the Palmini noodles under cold water for 1 minute. Pat dry using a paper towel until they are almost dry. Set aside. I recommend using a salad spinner if you have one. This really helps dry out the noodles!
- Heat a large pan and melt the ghee in the pan
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and season with salt and pepper
- Sauté the mushrooms for 5-8 minutes, until they begin to soften
- Add the onion and continue to sauté for another 5 minutes
- Add your peppers and Sauté until a bit soft, 8ish minutes (feel free to cover the pan to cook faster)
- While your veggies cook, prep your ricotta sauce
- Mix the ricotta, onion powder and Italian seasoning into a bowl. Set aside.
- Once your veggies are cooked, add the Palmini noodles to the pan and mix them so everything is evenly combined
- Add the ricotta mixture to the pan and coat the noodles and veggies
- Once all coated, place into a pasta bowl
- sprinkle a little pecorino Romano cheese on top for added flavor