Hi Friends and welcome back to the blog! I am super excited to share with you my new favorite pizza recipe that I put together the other night! The main ingredient in this recipe is the cauliflower pizza crust by Califlour Foods. I have limited time as a Mom and making my own pizza crust before making any pizza is just not going to happen ha! I purchase these pizza crusts in bulk and keep them in my freezer. Each pizza has only 1 net carb per serving making the entire crust only 3 grams net carbs. If you are making this pizza for more than one person, just double or triple the ingredients to make sure you have enough for your pizza toppings. You can take the crusts directly from the freezer and place them in the oven. I had an overwhelming response to this recipe after I shared the step by step on Instagram, so I wanted to share the recipe with you guys! This is one of my favorite pizza recipes I have ever made and was a huge hit with my husband. I hope you all enjoy!
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 1 Sweet Red Pepper Cauliflower Pizza Crust by Califlour foods
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 links of any pre-cooked chicken sausage sliced into bite size pieces (I use Al Fresco or Bilinskis) but any brand is fine
- Sliced red onion-I like a handful of sliced onion on my pizza. I would sauté as much you prefer.
- 1.5 tbs of Rao’s pizza sauce (or any type of pizza sauce)
- 1/3 cup Crumbled Goat Cheese
- 1 Small handful of Arugula
- 1-2 tbsp High fiber syrup
- Start by roasting your tomatoes. Place your tomatoes in a glass casserole pan or baking tray. Spray with an olive oil cooking spray and bake at 250-300 degrees for however long you want. The longer you roast them, the more delicious they become. Spread them around a bit periodically while they cook. I learned this from @Julethebee
- Start by baking your pizza crust according to the instructions on the box. I like a crispier crust and usually bake mine at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Be sure to bake your crust on top of parchment paper. This will keep the crust from sticking to your pan or pizza stone.
- While the crust is baking, sauté your sliced onions and chicken sausage. Keep in mind the sausage is cooked so you are just heating it up. It should be browned just a little. By the time your onions are sautéed the sausage should be done. (3-4 minutes)
- Once the pizza has finished baking, take it out of the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Keep in mind your pizza will be a little gooey in the middle.
- Once the pizza has cooled down it is time to dress it!
- Spread the pizza sauce in a thin layer on top of the pizza
- Top with chicken sausage, tomatoes, red onion and goat cheese.
- Squeeze out about 1 tbs of the sukrin syrup and cover it all over the pizza
- Place in the oven and bake for 5 minutes or so. You just want to make the cheese melt and the syrup to carmelize a bit.
- Take the pizza out of the oven and add your handful of arugula and another squeeze of the syrup on your pizza