Valentine’s Day is around the corner! For those of you who are a little behind in planning, here are some romantic and FREE Valentine’s Day ideas.
- Hide notes around your significant other’s home, car, coat, purse, briefcase etc. for him/her to find throughout the day.
- Create-your-own-adventure-style coupon. Real Simple offers a free download here!
- Cook for your significant other. This is what Matt and I are planning on doing. We are going out Saturday night instead of Thursday so we plan to cook a special meal together on V-Day night 🙂
- Fill a decorated jar with Post-it notes of compliments and things you love about your partner. Tell them to open one a day for the next month. It’s a gift that keeps on giving!
- Make their favorite dessert. Matt loves white chocolate mousse so I made this for him last year. It didn’t turn out so great but he still loved the gesture!
- Frame one of your favorite photos of the two of you and give it to your partner. Maybe add a special note written on the back that only the two of you know is there.
- Plan an indoor picnic with wine, bread and cheese. Lay out blankets and pillows and get cozy. fireplace also a plus!
- Print out a free V-day printable and write them a love-note.
- Decorate the fruit in your fruit bowl with a sharpie. “I am bananas over you” on the bananas and “We make a great Pear” on the pears lol!
- Wake up before your partner and bring them breakfast in bed
- Send random text messages throughout the day of some of your favorite memories together
- Send your significant other to work with a prepared lunch. Don’t forget to include a love note inside 🙂
I hope these were helpful for any of you that were lacking inspiration! I need to get started on my love-note post its ;)!