Hi Friends! I hope you all are having a fabulous start to your week. I have recently gotten into cooking now that Charlee has begun to eat what we eat for her meals. I have never been very good at cooking, and continue to get better by a lot of trial and error. Some of the recipes I have tried have now become part of our weekly rotation, and I am excited to share the salmon recipe that both myself, my hubby and sweet baby girl LOVE!
I found this salmon recipe online here from The Lemon Bowl blog! I loved the recipe, but decided I needed to change just a few things and add a side to make it easier for me. I decided to serve this salmon with a side of rainbow carrots! You can bake both the salmon and carrots in the same baking dish which is super awesome and convenient. I’ll separate the recipes below, but note that the cooking degree and time is the same 🙂
- 4 mid-sized salmon filets
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard or dijon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic – minced (I use a spoonful of minced garlic from a jar)
- salt and pepper to taste
- minced parsley (optional garnish)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a glass baking dish with cooking spray. I use this olive oil cooking spray from Trader Joe’s
- Place each salmon filet in the baking dish, skin side down.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, mustard, lemon, garlic and salt/pepper. Use a small spoon to coat each filet evenly with the honey mustard sauce. I make sure to cover all the sides (except the skin) with the sauce.
- Roast salmon 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon wedges to serve.
Rainbow Carrots (side dish)
- 1 bag of rainbow carrots
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs of rosemary
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a glass baking dish with cooking spray. (The carrots can bake in the same pan as the salmon!)
- Peel the carrots and slice off the top. If there are larger carrots, slice them in half length wise so they lay flat.
- drizzle olive oil on the carrots and then top with the rosemary flakes
- pop in the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes along with the salmon!
This is one of the most delicious, healthy and EASY recipes on my rolodex. I always give Charlee the leftovers for her lunch at daycare the next day. She loves it! Let me know if you guys try this out!