Hi Friends! I am excited to introduce a new series I am introducing on the blog, called #JessUPandtravel. Matt and I love to travel and a request I get a lot from my followers is to recap our trips with recommendations, so hence the start of this series! I hope you all enjoy!
One of my favorite trips we have taken as a family this year has been our recent trip to Hudson, NY. We had the BEST time and I wanted to share a few tips and info about the area in case any of you are inspired to head that way for a vacation!
Before I get started, have you guys seen the Netflix show “Stay Here”?! Well, a month or so ago Matt and I binge watched the whole first season and fell in love with the carriage house they renovated in Hudson, NY! After a quick google search we found the listing and booked it for this weekend. Let me tell you, this place did not disappoint! It was super spacious, beautifully decorated, and the location was perfect. It sits right in the center of town so we didn’t have to worry about driving anywhere. Here is the listing in case you guys want to book it one day!
Our latest trip to Hudson will be the 3rd time in the past two years that Matt and I have visited. We just love it up there. It’s about a 2.5 hour drive north from Manhattan. Check out some details and travel tips about the area below:
Where to stay?
- Airb&b has a TON of listings in Hudson and the surrounding areas.
- Bed and Breakfasts: There are a number of charming small bed and breakfasts in the area. Most of them are close to the center of town! We stayed at the Croff House a few years ago and we absolutely loved it. Cozy rooms and delicious meals served by the owner. highly recommend.
- The Rivertown Lodge-this boutique hotel is new to the area! We haven’t stayed there, but we went to grab drinks this past weekend with Charlee in their lobby and were blown away. We are going to try and stay at this hotel the next time we head to Hudson.
Where to eat?
- There are so many awesome restaurants to try! Here are some that we recommend:
- Grocery Stores
- Olde Hudson-This grocery store is in the middle of town and has all your basics for a weekend away. They have dairy and produce from local farms. Farm to table at its best.
- Local Farms
- We decided to stay in on Saturday night and cook dinner. We went to a few local farms to gather ingredients and one of the places we went was the Hawthorn Valley Farm Store. This is an INCREDIBLE grocery store on the grounds of a farm. We got most of our produce and side dishes for dinner here. We also picked up some yummy homemade baked goods.
- We also stopped at another local farm called Kinderhook for fresh meat. We picked up steaks for dinner as well as sausage for breakfast on Sunday morning. They also had a ton of chickens on the property which Charlee loved chasing :).
What to do?
- Apple Orchards- We went to Fix Brother’s Farm and had a wonderful time. The apples were among the most delicious I have ever tasted and it was only .15 cents an apple to pick. Charlee actually learned to say “Apple” at the orchard!
- Wine Tasting: We had no idea how amazing the wine valley was up in Hudson. We went to Hudson-Chatham Winery and we were truly blown away by not only the service but the quality of the wines. Here is a full guide to the wineries in the area.
- Antique shopping! Hudson has about a million incredible antique shops in the area. There’s at least one on each block!
I hope you all enjoyed this travel guide! Let me know if you make it out to Hudson!
Happy Fall Y’all!!!