Hi guys! I am super excited to share this recipe with you all. I recently discovered Sukrin Gold high fiber syrup. It’s become my go-to honey and syrup replacement and does not disappoint in flavor. For just two tablespoon of this syrup, you get 28 grams of fiber which equals it out to only 3 net carbs per serving. I use this syrup in a ton of recipes because it caramelizes beautifully and adds a delicious flavor without the guilt. I like to serve this side with all kinds of main courses, and it’s a crowd pleasure for sure. Check out the ingredients and directions below:
- 1 bag of rainbow carrots (I also add in baby carrots if I have some in my refrigerator). 1 bag feeds two people. They shrink up when they are roasted so double this recipe if you are feeding more than 2 🙂
- Sukrin gold high fiber syrup
- Crumbled goat cheese
- Olive oil spray
- Salt and pepper for flavor
- Set your oven to 400 degrees
- Peel all the carrots and cut off the ends. Cut into 1-2 inch pieces. It doesn’t really matter how you cut them, as long as they are all relatively the same size and will roast the same in the heat. If you are using baby carrots, you do not need to peel them but just chop them in half length wise
- Once carrots are peeled and cut into pieces, place parchment paper on top of a baking sheet. Place the carrots on the parchment paper and spread them out so they are evenly dispersed and none are on top of each other
- Spray the olive oil spray all over the carrots so that they are fully coated
- Season with salt and pepper
- Roast at 400 degrees for 10 minutes
- Take the carrots out of the oven and drizzle the Sukrin high fiber syrup on the carrots and then mix them around so they are all coated. Place back in the oven and roast the carrots for around 25-35 minutes. Use a fork to test if the carrots are ready. You should be able to easily put your fork into the carrot
- Once they are roasted, remove from the pan and place into a large bowl. Sprinkle 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese into the bowl and mix it all up.
- Serve and enjoy!