Ok, the WORLD’S best may be a stretch, but this low-carb lasagna is SO GOOD you won’t believe it only has 4 grams net carbs per serving! I made this dish for dinner and couldn’t get over how delicious it was, and neither could my husband :). I took a few different recipes and combined them to create this one. I hope you all enjoy!
- 2 cans of Zanuzzo Hearts of Palm Lasagna
- 1 Pound uncooked Italian Sausage (you can use chicken sausage for a leaner option!)
- 8 oz Organic Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese, (you can use part-skim fat for a healthier alternative!)
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Marinara Sauce (I like to use Rao’s or the Trader Giotto’s Marinara since they are both low-carb)
- 12 ounces Low moisture Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 medium sized baking dish (I used a 9×12 in)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Take the Zannuzo Hearts of Palm Lasagna noodles out of the cans and run them under cold water in a strainer for one minute.
- Take the hearts of palm noodles from the colander and place them on paper towels. Pat with paper towels to dry them out. They won’t be 100% dried out, but you are just trying to get rid of any excess water before making the lasagna.
- While the noodles dry, cook the Italian Sausage. While the sausage cooks, chop the sausage into super small pieces. It should take about 10 minutes or so for the sausage to cook.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the ricotta, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- With the sausage cooked, noodles patted dry and your ricotta mixture mixed together you are ready to assemble the layers of the lasagna in your baking dish!
- Start with spreading your first layer of the marinara sauce on the bottom of the baking dish. This will keep your noodles from sticking. Then assemble in any combination of layers that you choose making sure to complete the same pattern. After the last layer, the shredded cheese should be the last layer. This will ensure a cheesy baked topping.
- Bake your lasagna, uncovered for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
Nutrition Facts per 1 serving (should make 10 pieces in all) : 320 calories per serving: 5 grams carbs, 1 gram fiber