Photos by Shadi Garman
Hi Everyone! Wow it’s been such a busy summer for us so far. I’ve barely had time to even think about posting on the blog! We have been traveling and just so busy with life with our little toddler. My Mom actually sent me the link to this red dress and man am I glad she did. It’s the perfect summer dress. It’s so lightweight and can be dressed up or down. I also love the small slit up the leg, which gives it a little something extra.
I am constantly trying to make my life a little less stressful, and ultimately find things that make my life easier. I thought I’d put together this totally random list of things I think you all need to know about. Each items has helped relieve some of the crazy that is being a Mom of a 2 year old :).
- A makeup setting spray that is also a sunscreen: This setting spray by Goop has been a game changer for me this summer. It acts as a setting spray, but also allows you to reapply sunscreen on your face without messing up your makeup! It’s perfect for beach days where you want to wear a little concealer and mascara without ruining your makeup. I always like to have a little concealer on at the pool lol!
- Travel makeup remover wipes: These are so awesome when traveling! I love that I can throw 3-4 in my makeup bag when going away for the weekend instead of having to pack the whole thing.
- Packing Cubes: How have I lived without packing cubes?! I have to be honest, I originally thought that these seemed kind of silly but now I can’t travel without them. They help keep everything organized and you can fit SO much in one cube. I have three sets! One for all three of us :).
- A travel Steamer: Everyone needs a travel steamer in their life. I bring this with me every time I go away on vacation. Matt uses it every morning to steam his shirts before work. It’s so much more efficient than an iron and easier to bring out and put away!
- Uber Car Seat: If you are a city family like we are, I hope you know about Uber carseat. It’s so great when I am running around the city and need a ride home with Charlee, or if we need to get somewhere in the surrounding Burroughs and don’t want to bring our own enormous carseat. It’s a little more expensive but it’s worth every penny.
- Jetblack: yes I have spoken about this before, but signing up for Jetblack has been the BEST decision ever. I really can’t recommend them enough. You can read a little more about our partnership here and why you need this service!
- Laser hair removal: DO IT. I can not recommend getting laser hair removal any more than any self care! I have gotten laser hair removal for my bikini line, my upper lip, underarms and my legs. It’s been a game changer. I shave my legs once a week which saves me so much time! I go to Deify laser in the city. Highly recommend!
- Boon sippy covers: Charlee is at the age where she will drink from any kind of cup, even ones that don’t have tops. That said, sometimes it’s nice to be able to turn a plastic cup into a sippy cup in case we are somewhere where spills aren’t welcome. I am so glad I discovered Boone silicon covers. They go over and on top of virtually any cup and instantly turn it into a sippy cup! I keep one in my diaper bag when we travel. They also have tops with straws I need to check out.
- I just bought collapsable Laundry Baskets and my life has been changed!! In my house we are ALWAYS doing laundry. I use a few laundry baskets to keep the laundry organized before it gets put away, but I am always annoyed that the baskets take up so much room in our small apartment when they aren’t in use. That is until I found these collapsable laundry baskets!!! I can’t believe what a clutter remover this has been!
- I always have a wireless charger with me. My phone is always at 10% lol so I carry around the Mophy charger at all times. It’s such a great thing to have in a pinch!
- Ok, bonus one: It’s taken me like 6 years, but I finally bought a color cover for my keys. I swear I always pick the wrong key when I go to unlock the door lol!
I hope you all enjoyed this post and have a great rest of your week! Let me know if there are any life hacks you need to share with me that I am clearly missing out on!