Hi Everyone! It’s been a while since I posted but I am so happy to be back. As many of you know, I am pregnant with my second baby girl! Being pregnant, my cravings have been all over the place and carbs make this Momma and baby happy…SO…queue my craving for fettuccine Alfredo! I am such a fan of this dish because it tastes DELICIOUS and reminds me of that classic flavor we all expect when ordering at a restaurant. There is a secret ingredient and I am going to share it with you all. The secret is to add more pecorino romano cheese than Parmesan. It gives this pasta the most amazing flavor and takes it to the next level!
Also, this meal can totally be keto if you sub the noodles for any low-carb option. I am just feeling the carbs lately!
- Fettuccine Alfredo noodles: You can use about 1/2-3/4 of the box of fettucini depending on the number of people you are feeding and how much sauce you like on your noodles.
- 1 stick of butter
- 3/4 cup of heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- dash of garlic powder
- 3/4 cup of grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
- broccoli (either already steamed and chopped into small pieces, or cooked frozen broccoli and chopped into bite size pieces)
- Start cooking your pasta
- In a medium size pan, start melting the stick of butter on low-ish heat
- add the cream once the butter starts to melt a little bit
- Salt and pepper that layer
- Once the butter completely melts into the cream, add your cheeses and dash of garlic powder
- salt and pepper this layer
- stir the cheese into the milk and butter until it’s all melted and creamy
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and add your delicious Alfredo sauce
- Then add your cooked broccoli and mix all together so the sauce coats all the noodles and broccoli
- DEVOUR and thank me later 😉