Hi Guys! Thanks for stopping by!
Over the last two weeks, I’ve gotten a handle on the items that have become essential for me (and my sanity) as a new Mom. I wanted to share them with all you Mommas out there! For expecting Moms, registering for a new baby can be overwhelming. Matt and I registered at Buy Buy Baby and scanned literally every possible item our baby could possibly need LOL! We ended up returning a number of things but at least we were prepared! The list below may not be a complete list, but so far my favorite, can’t live without essentials. These items make my every day a lot more successful with my Charlee Q.
- Bumbo Changing Pad– My changing table came with a changing pad on top of it, but it required a sheet and a boppy pad. Newborns have what seems like a million diaper changes a day which can get messy. I was constantly changing the sheet and boppy pad after every third change which was getting so annoying. This Bumbo pad can simply be wiped clean after every change. It’s also soft and comfortable for the baby as well. I got the grey color! LOVE it!
- Happy Mama Breastfeeding Bars – Breastfeeding hunger is no joke. Sometimes I am so starving all of a sudden as if I haven’t eaten in days! I keep a stock pile of these bars in my pantry to grab when I need to feed Charlee and just don’t have the time (or hands) to prepare something. They hold me over until I put her down to rest and can make something substantial for my meal.
- Aden & Anais Swaddle Blankets– These blankets are seriously the best. They are so versatile and I have used them a million different ways since having Charlee. I use one to lay over my basinet when out walking to protect her from the sun. I use it as a swaddle, or as a blanket to cover her if she gets cold. The material is so soft and she loves it against her skin :).
- Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, Pink, X-Small-Large -I didn’t get this bra until a week into breastfeeding. I was having to hold the pump in place every time and getting horrible back and neck pain. This bra is awesome and keeps the pump in place so I can be hands free. It also fits multiple sizes because of it’s design so unless you are plus size, the x-small-large will definitely accommodate.
- Skip Hop Grab and Go Double Bottle BagBlack, Black– I love this on-the-go bottle bag cooler. I pack a bottle with breastmilk every time we leave the house to make sure I have extra supply for Charlee. It comes with a freezer insert and keeps the bottles cold and milk fresh.
- Prince Lionheart® Evo™ Wipes Warmer in White/Grey-Charlee HATES getting her diaper changed and the wipe warmer has helped significantly. I would imagine having a freezing cold wipe up against your bum can’t be pleasant, right?! This is really helpful and has made a difference in her fussiness when we change her.
- My Breast Friend Nursing Pillow–I can’t say enough about this pillow. It is such a necessity. It is so awesome because you clip it on to yourself and immediately have tons of support when breastfeeding or just holding your baby. I brought it to the hospital and use it all day long. I recommend purchasing an extra cover though in case your babe spits up (or in our case poops) on it haha!
- Born Free Breeze Bottle Deluxe Gift Set in Clear-These are the bottles that work really well for Charlee. Every baby is different but these are great for my baby girl.
- Zoli ‘Buzz B.(TM)’ Electric Nail Trimmer-Charlee has the fastest growing nails of all time. This trimmer is safe on baby’s tiny fingers and does the trick.
- Solly Baby Wrap Carrier-I LOVE this wrap. My sister in law Lisa sent me this and I have used it every day since having Charlee. She just loves being close to Mommy or Daddy in the wrap and usually passes right out even if it isn’t really her nap time lol!
- Honest Hand Sanitizer-I love this sanitizer! It comes with a pump which is awesome to keep next to the changing pad on my changing table. It’s so convenient to pump and get sanitizer when you don’t have but one hand free! It’s also a gel and smells so nice and doesn’t dry out your hands.
- Jonathan Adler Rock and Play-This is a Godsend! We are currently doing our very best to get Charlee to sleep in her bassinet or crib for naps and at night time…it is a work in progress! While we continue to work on that, this rock and play rocker is the best and she loves it. It always puts her to sleep!
- Summer Infant Swaddle Blanket-This swaddle blanket was recommended to me by my friend Katie. There is no need to ever learn to swaddle with these! Charlee can’t get out of them and she absolutely loves them. We wrap her in them every night to put her to sleep!
- Baby Shusher-I love this thing! Initially it sort of freaked me out because the sound (shhhhh) that comes out of it is actually a person’s voice. As creepy as that is, it’s the reason she loves it so much. I also love that it is mobile and just needs batteries. I use it in her crib to settle her down and also in her stroller when we go out!
- Baby Mittens– We have to have Charlee in gloves constantly or she scratches her sweet face. I had one brand that worked OK but they fell off a lot. These Lucky 21 mittens are awesome and stay on all day. I will say they look kind of funny but I’m just happy she isn’t scratching herself anymore and I don’t have to keep putting them on!
Well, that’s it (for now)! I hope this was helpful! If you guys ever have any questions please reach out! I hope you will share with me your list of newborn necessities so I can share with our community :)! My plan is to make this a series and do updates with my favorite products as Charlee grows!