Photography by Shadi Garman
Happy Tuesday everyone! I hope you all have had a fabulous week so far. The other day, I took Charlee along with me to take some outfit photos for the blog! She slept while we were shooting and then woke up at the end just in time to take a few pics with Mommy! She is a dream!
I don’t know about any of you other Mommas out there, but after having Charlee I am a lot broader than I was before. Most of my coats are a little tight on the shoulders and aren’t as comfortable as I remember them being! I think it may be because I have been carrying Charlee around for the last four months and bulking up ha! But either way I am embracing it and using it as an excuse to buy new winter coats! I picked up this gorgeous millennial pink coat at Club Monaco during their Black Friday sale! It’s actually still on sale for $349 and available in all sizes. I love the color and love how neutral it is. I have worn it with so many outfits even though it’s pink! I paired it with denim and my INC heels. I have very wide feet and this brand makes really chic styles that come in wide sizing. Super rare!
What are your plans for the Holidays? We are spending time with family for Christmas and the weekend before are going to do a little family celebration at our NYC apartment. I am so excited to start our own family traditions. My Mom always went so crazy (in a good way) during the holidays that my siblings and I would count down to Christmas. She bought such wonderful gifts and cooked marvelous food and did really special thoughtful traditions. There are so many parts of our holiday that I want to continue to celebrate with my family but also can’t wait to start some traditions of my own!
It’s such a special time of year, and even though Charlee is only four months old, I can tell she is already in the Xmas spirit. She loves to look at the lights on the Christmas tree :).
I know I have been less active on the blog recently so I thought I’d share 11 random things below with you guys to share a little bit of what’s been on my mind lately:
- Charlee just started sleeping with one of her arms out of her swaddle. We knew it was time to transition her when we went in to get her one morning and she was on her side! We tried it for the first time last night and she slept like a champ! We were so proud. She has been sleeping 7A.M-7P.M. since 13 weeks. I started sleep training her at 8 weeks using the Baby Sleep Solution method. I can’t recommend it enough!
- I am addicted to Netflix. I think Matt and I have watched pretty much every new series that has come out! If you ever watch a show or documentary you like, please share!
- Have you guys listened to the Michael Bublé Christmas album?? I think it may be my second favorite Xmas album. It comes second after Celine’s of course ;).
- Daycare is getting better! If you follow me on Instagram you know that it was REALLY tough leaving Charlee at daycare for the first few weeks. She got super sick and we ended up in the hospital after only 7 days. She has gotten so much better since then and actually seems to like going which makes it easier leaving her there in the mornings when I head to work. I don’t think it will ever be easy, but I’ll take easier any day!
- I am obsessed with an app called Marco Polo. I have Mackenzie Bell to thank for this! It’s kind of like snapchat, but all the videos save and you can have group video chats. I talk to my best girlfriends EVERY day and it is so fun and has brought us all even closer! You should check it out!
- I am taking Charlee on a flight by myself in January!! Matt and I will have taken her on a few flights together by the time I take her but I am nervous to go alone. If you guys have any tips on traveling alone with baby let me know!
- I NEED to start on Charlee’s baby book. I feel like there are two types of Moms…the ones that do the baby books and those that can never find the time! Do you guys have a website you recommend to make this easy? HELP!
- I am DONE with Xmas shopping. I can’t believe it but I am! I think being a Mom I have had to take full advantage of every single free moment. Also, having the Nordstrom app on my iPhone was SUPER helpful 😉
- I can’t believe I have a 4 month old. I know everyone tells you how fast time flies with kids and it’s just so true. Charlee is like a completely new baby every other week! Her personality has started to shine through as she gets bigger! She’s capable of so much more each week. It blows my mind.
- I LOVE DATE NIGHT. Matt and I have been really good about taking a night to be just us every week since Charlee was born. We try out a new restaurant and have a few hours just us. I look forward to it every week.
- I LOVE BEING A MOM! I know it’s so cliche but I just love it. Being a Mom is the hardest but most rewarding thing ever. When my baby girl smiles up at me I just melt. There is truly nothing better!
Wishing you all a Happy Holiday!