Hi Friends! I whipped up this recipe for dinner this week and it came out so delicious I had to share. I love using palmini noodles as a replacement for pasta. Of all the vegetable replacement noodles like zoodles, miracle noodles or shredded carrots, this is the most delicious in my opinion. They are flavorless when heated and sautéed in sauce, and they also have the closest texture to real pasta noodles that I have found. The best part is that the noodles come fully cooked right out of the can. You simply need to run them under cold water for about a minute and then pat them dry. There is no need to soak these noodles in a nut milk. I have seen people doing this and it’s just an unnecessary extra step :). Save yourself some time and just use water to rinse and then dry.
- 1 pack of uncooked chicken sausages. I usually only use 3 for Matt and I, but you could totally cook them all. I like the Premio brand at the grocery, but I have heard that Whole Foods butcher has a great Italian Chicken sausage as well
- 1 can of palmini hearts of palm spaghetti noodles
- ½ cup of Rao’s tomato basil pasta sauce (you can use whatever type of sauce you have but I loved the combo of these two)
- ½ cup of Rao’s 4 cheese sauce
- 1 tablespoon of diced garlic
- ½ white onion
- Pecorino Romano cheese for topping
- Optional: Roasted cherry tomatoes (toss cherry tomatoes with olive oil spray and roast in a pan for 2-3 hours at 250 degrees. I made mine the day before and used them in this dish!)
- Begin by cutting the casings off of the chicken sausages. This will allow you to crumble the chicken up while it cooks.
- Run cold water over your Palmini noodles in a strainer for 1-2 minutes. Place on a large plate over a paper towel and using 3-4 paper towels pat dry to try and remove the excess moisture
- Dice your onion into small pieces and sauté with the garlic in a little olive oil spray in a pan until translucent, 3-5 minutes.
- Add your chicken sausage to the pan of onion and garlic and sauté until cooked through.
- Once close to cooked through, add your sauces to the pan and heat until warm
- Add your Palmini noodles to your pan and sauté while mixing all the ingredients together. I usually add a little more sauce if I think it needs more at this step!
- Add your cherry tomatoes to the pan
- Once everything is warm and mixed together, transfer to a pasta dish
- Top with grated pecorino cheese